Saturday, April 14, 2018

Papertrey Ink April Release - Day 5 - Simple Impressions: Celebrations



Hello, friends! Welcome to the final day of the April Papertrey Ink Release Countdown. All of the new products we've been sharing will be available tomorrow, April 15th at 10pm EST on the Papertrey Ink website.

Today I have the pleasure of sharing a few projects using the new Simple Impressions: Celebrations kit. If you are new to stamping this would be a wonderful kit to get you started. It would also make the perfect gift for a special friend who is new to stamping and card-making.

My projects were created with ONLY the contents in the kit ... no extras at all. So you'll see that you don't need a lot of supplies to make a beautiful card or set of cards. The kit will have everything you need ... a stamp set, patterned card panels, mini ink cubes, adhesive, white card bases, sequins and a stamping block.


Up first is a sweet birthday card using the candle image included in the stamp set. I stamped them three times in Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist and Green Parakeet. The sentiment is three separate images, so there are plenty of mix and match options when it comes to creating your cards.


I added a few star sequins (included in the kit) around the candles and sentiment to give my one layer card a little sparkle.


For my second card I used one of the white card bases and created my own pattern using the butterfly image. Aqua Mist and Green Parakeet were the colors I used. I stamped them up the right side of my card and then stamped my sentiment in True Black. I added one more butterfly next to my sentiment before attaching colorful sequins to some of my butterfly bodies.

Don't forget to dress up your envelopes! A plain white envelope can be kinda blah, but when you carry over your card design to your envelope it creates truly beautiful snail mail.


A closer look at those pretty butterflies! Love the detail in them.


I didn't even realize I created two butterfly cards for today until now. I guess I love this little butterfly a lot. :) Here's another Congratulations card, this time for a new bundle of joy!


Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me today. Head on over to the Papertrey Ink blog to see more of this lovely kit from the design team. 

Have a wonderful day!








1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! Thank you for sharing all your beautiful examples made from the kit. Especially reminding us to dress up our envelopes,your butterfly card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete